What regulations must I meet to install a fence on my property?
1. No permit is required to install a fence.
2. There are no requirements as to what side faces your neighbor's property.
3. The fence must be installed a minimum of 6 inches from the front property line. (Road side)
4. The fence shall not interfere with visibility at street corners.
5. Although Town regulations allow a fence to be installed directly on a rear or side property line it is recommended that you allow adequate room on your neighbors' side to allow for future maintenance of the fence.
6. Additional regulations apply to swimming pool fences. ( see link above or contact this office)